The founders of HoustonMicro Electronics bring over 25 years experience in design, production, testing, and deployment of electronic systems for embedded and scientific applications: Having already worked over 2 decades in the NASA aerospace and spacecraft design industry, the founding team created the company having first-hand experience in deeply embedded electronics. Our experience includes board-level and unit-level design of systems including:
* FPGA and Microcontroller based embedded board design
* Avionics GSE/Command and Data Handling Systems
* Space RF Communications Baseband Processing
* > 1 GHz Single-Mode Fiber-Optic Transceivers/Modulators
* Remote Control Systems for Fiber-Optic Transceivers
* Forward Error Correction Systems (Reed-Solomon, LDPC, etc.)
* GHz range ECL/PECL Logic Board Design
* Multi-Level Logic Translators
* Serial Data/Pattern Generators
* Closed-Loop RF-Channel Bit Error Rate Testers (BERT's)
The company was founded in Houston and began with a vision to build general-purpose embedded platforms that were flexible, easier to use, and most importantly - removed design complication for the user. This need to create a simpler platform emerged from years of observing that there was practically no choice for a streamlined system addressing both the software and hardware needs for many medium-sized projects, yet without the overhead in hardware integration and complicated protocols typical of large systems. Typical products on the market add layers of hardware and software protocols, increase systems overhead, or force the user to externally integrate very different systems, - adding complexity, time, and cost. A simpler solution was needed.
HoustonMicro builds embedded systems that simplify the user design experience and lowers complexity. Capitalizing on our industry experience in designing embedded systems for the NASA space industry, HoustonMicro in-house designers take the product from initial concept, performance simulation, signal integrity analysis, parts and manufacturer selection, and product testing.