The founders of HoustonMicro bring over 30 years experience in design, analysis, manufacturing, testing, and deployment of electronic systems for embedded, scientific and space systems applications - having already worked over 3 decades in the NASA aerospace, medical human-implant devices, and spacecraft design industries. The founding team created the company in 2008 having decades of first-hand "in the trenches" experience in deeply embedded electronics for critical systems. Our capabilities includes board-level and unit level design, systems testing, and systems integration:
Capabilities and Legacy Projects
* CPU and FPGA based Test System Design
* User-Defined Laboratory Instruments
* Medical implant-device testing (neuromodulation)
* Medical device performance/failure analysis
* Closed-Loop Bit Error Rate Testers (BERT's)
* Avionics GSE/Command and Data Handling Systems
* Space RF Communications Baseband Processing
* > 1 GHz Optical Transceivers/Communications Systems
* Remote Control Systems for Fiber-Optic Transceivers
* Forward Error Correction Systems (Reed-Solomon, Viterbi, LDPC, etc.)
* High Performance GHz range in-house Board Design
* Long Distance Fiberopitc Signal Transmitter/Receivers
* Spacecraft Communications and Tracking (C&T) Systems
Recent Customer Contracts / Projects
* Development and build of custom ARM based Single Board Computer (SBC) for control of a medical device used for therapy of stroke induced muscular symptoms. Customer successfully used system as a demonstrator to secure funding to proceed towards marketing of therapy device.
* Development of initial avionics architecture for Intuitive Machine's Nova- C Lunar Lander spacecraft.
* Multi-year contract extension to proceed with development of Nova-C Lunar Lander Communications Controller, a custom designed flight unit to control the on-board RF systems, responsible for the command and data communications between the Earth and Moon during both lunar transit and lunar surface operations.
Capitalizing on our industry experience in designing embedded systems for the NASA spacecraft design, testing, and medical device industries, HoustonMicro in-house designers take the product from initial concept, performance simulation, signal integrity analysis, vendor/components selection, Systems Integration, and product testing.